Our Valentine’s Day celebration continues with a heart-shaped wreath made by Guiseppa Gubler using our Happy Hearts paper collection. Today’s post includes complete written instructions for making a wreath of your very own. Click here to order all the supplies.
The best part is this is an easy project for crafters of all levels! You don’t have to be “super crafter” to make this wreath. A couple of hours from start to finish and you have a sweet decoration to put on your front door. OR…keep your wreath indoors so you can enjoy it as part of your Valentine décor. It looks really cute clustered with photos and paper hearts for a fun Valentine wall grouping.
Sweet Rolls Wreath
finished size: 16” diameter
You will need:
black acrylic paint
tacky craft glue
Heart Wood Wreath (12” diameter) #61107
Happy Hearts 12×12 #22341
Love Cut Apart 12×12 #22342
Love Birds 12×12 #22343
Happy Chevron 12×12 #22344
Love Word Play 12×21 #22345
Happy Stripe 12×12 #22346
1 yard XOXO 1” Grosgrain Ribbon #58640
1. Paint the wood heart with black acrylic paint.
2. Cut the papers into 12” strips that are a variety of widths – from 1 _” to 5″ wide.
3. Roll the papers into tube shapes of varying diameters. Adhere the edges of the rolls with tacky glue.
4. After all the tubes are made arrange them around the wood heart, then glue with a glue gun. To adjust for curves, wedge shorter tubes into the inner or outer edges of the curves. Some of the rolls are stacked two high. There are about 76 paper rolls.
5. Decide the length you want for the ribbon hanger. Make a looped knot in the center of the ribbon. Attach ribbon to wood heart with strong adhesive.
May you have a happy heart…from everyone at ADORNit